Dads on Dirt and D&D Bikes bring you the first MILFDURO!
“WAIT — there’s no downhill in Milford!”
You’re right …. but there are bits and pieces that we can use to have a fun enduro-format race!
“What’s an enduro?” …. Enduro timed means that ONLY THE FOUR “DOWNHILL” STRAVA SEGMENTS LISTED BELOW WILL COUNT TOWARDS YOUR RACE TIME. Overall route time doesn’t matter.
The race will consist of Strava segments along the MILFDURO race route below. Race day is any day YOU pick between JULY 17 THROUGH JULY 23, 2022. However, YOU MUST RIDE THE ENTIRE ROUTE in ONE DAY and THE SEGMENTS MUST BE RIDDEN IN ORDER ALONG THE ROUTE for your segment times to count.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- You must use Strava. CLICK HERE TO GET IT
- Register for the event. REGISTER HERE.
- Join the “Dads On Dirt” Strava Club. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE CLUB.
- You have from July 17 to July 23 to complete the race. YOU MUST RIDE THE ENTIRE ROUTE in ONE DAY and THE SEGMENTS MUST BE RIDDEN IN ORDER ALONG THE ROUTE for your segment times to count. Only segments from the day you completed the full route will qualify.
ROUTE AND SEGMENT INFO:
The route starts and ends at the parking lot of the Milford Trailhead in Janowski Park. Make sure you start your ride on Strava or your GPS device. No rookie mistakes! Address for the parking lot is 301 Peters Rd, Milford, MI 48381.
Here’s the FULL MILFDURO Race route: https://www.strava.com/routes/2962785716748741206
The 4 “downhill” segments that will count in the race will be:
- Proud Lake Connect from South Hill: https://www.strava.com/segments/5549125
- Powerlines to Dam: https://www.strava.com/segments/13082200
- Weaver Gorge: https://www.strava.com/segments/23236500
- DH West: https://www.strava.com/segments/23256801
Directions from Start to Finish (Following the RACE ROUTE):
- You’ll be starting from the Milford Trailhead. Making your way up South Hill to the First Segment: “Proud Lake Connect from South Hill”. After that will be some paved path back in to the Milford Trail.
- The Second Segment: “Powerlines to Dam” is just off of the path. This one is a bit tricky so take a look at the route to see where to go. You’ll cross the trail to get to the climb that leads up to the top of the Powerline hill. The segment starts at the top and ends where the trail exits on to the path. Turning left, you’ll be retracing your steps a bit now to follow the path to the YMCA and into Downtown Milford. Rolling toward Muir Middle School and onto Weaver road.
- The Third Segment is “Weaver Gorge” which is just off of Weaver Rd on the left. The segment starts just off of the road and ends just before the road crossing. Cross the road and follow the Highland Connector to the right. You’ll then veer left at the parking barrier off of Beaumont Rd to follow the Beaumont to Pettibone Connector.
- The Fourth Segment “DH West” starts at the top of that climb. After the segment, enjoy the Pettibone Rd hill and make your way back to the Milford Trail head!
There are only 2 classes (unless we have a large group registering and can make more!)
- MEN (All ages)
- WOMEN (All ages)
AWARDS AND PRIZING:
- MILFDURO Overall Champion – awarded to the racer with the fastest cumulative Race Time over all 4 segments
- Segment Winners – segment KOMs and QOMs will be awarded to the fastest registered racer on each segment within the race time period.
We have prizes from D&D Bikes. Awards ceremony is still in the works, we will make sure you get your goodies!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- You must complete the whole route, but overall route time does not matter.
- Your race time is determined by adding up your times on each of the race segments only. SEGMENTS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER along the route.
- Ride solo or in a small group of friends.
- This event is 100% self-supported. Plan ahead and bring enough fuel and hydration to ensure survival.
- Don’t be a jerk! Have fun. Be safe. Heed to hikers, walkers, kids, horses and the legendary Milford Panther.
- Questions? Shoot an email.